[pass] FreeBSD Platform File

milki milki at rescomp.berkeley.edu
Sun Sep 23 08:51:52 CEST 2012

On 06:19 Sun 23 Sep     , Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Don't sweat it about the ram disk. Just don't define the tmpdir()
> function in freebsd.sh, and it will fall back to warning the user
> about lack of /dev/shm. An init script is overkill for a simple
> password manager, but as a separate thing, it could be nice to say
> "hey FreeBSD users -- want /dev/shm like linux? check this out", and
> then provide the script. Keeping it in /dev/shm is nice because then
> there's compatibility.

Ok, I'll worry about the creation of the ramdisk later. I'll assume its
in /var/tmp/password-store.ramdisk for now. /dev/shm is out of the
question though.

> Anyway, the things that freebsd.sh needs are:
>
> - clip() You can probably copy the Linux one, changing usage of base64
> to "openssl base64", or whatever else freebsd provides

freebsd has a port for base64 so this doesn't need to be overridden

> - proper path to GNU getopt
> Hopefully this keeps the number of ports patches you have to ship.

With the recent updates, the size of the patches will decrease.
However, I do have a patch to remove clip() functionality because having
a dependency on X11 stuff is bad. I also have one one to remove git for
good measure, only because its an additional feature.

--
milki