[pass] FreeBSD Platform File

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun Sep 23 08:54:52 CEST 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM, milki <milki at rescomp.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> With the recent updates, the size of the patches will decrease.
> However, I do have a patch to remove clip() functionality because having
> a dependency on X11 stuff is bad. I also have one one to remove git for
> good measure, only because its an additional feature.

I'd rather it not be done this way, actually. I maintain the gentoo
package of this, and over in gentoo world, we're super conscious about
having USE flags for different features. We named our package system
after yours -- Portage. Since xclip and git are only used with --clip
and if the password store is already a git dir, it's a non-issue if
they're not installed. So, make the package optionally have git and
xclip as requirements, but don't go patching pass right and left as a
consequence. Though you'd do this with a compiled program, it's just
plain not necessary for a shell script.