[pass] fixing the limitations of multi-user/store support

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at koumbit.org
Thu Feb 7 19:16:37 CET 2013

On 2013-02-06, milki wrote:
> On 17:48 Wed 06 Feb     , Antoine Beaupr?? wrote:
>> I recommend that:
>>
>>  1. the team can be defined in the .gpgid file - say it's one entry per
>>     line or something
>>
>>  2. the PASSWORD_STORE_DIR can be passed as an argument instead of an
>>     environment variable
>>
>> This will remove the need for client-side configuration and will make
>> sure the configuration is always in sync, as it is stored in the
>> repository.
>
> I agree with the approach to simplifying steps for multi-user/stores and
> the reasoning.
>
> What about taking this a step further with a configuration file? .gpgid
> and PASSWORD_STORE_DIR were simply the easiest way to do basic
> single-user repos.
>
> A configuration file might map aliases to directories+keys. A
> commandline flag would allow users to specify the directory.

I think the key specification should stay within the repository.

But I think it would make sense to have a config file outside of the
repository - but then why not simply use a list of aliases? I don't see
the gain.

I would prefer zero configuration, by passing the store_dir on the
commandline...

A.

--
You Are What You Is