[pass] Patch: Check for programs and allow for multiple passwords to be displayed

Dominik Klein dominik.klein at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 10 14:53:44 CEST 2013

Hi

I found your tool very useful, but for me, it lacked one feature: It could
not display more than one passwordfile at once. With every password being
in one file, this quickly became an issue for me. Here's a patch.

What it allows for is:

klein at nox:~$ pass show amazon
amazonpassword
klein at nox:~$ pass show google
googlepassword
klein at nox:~$ pass show amazon google
amazonpassword
googlepassword
klein at nox:~$ pass show -s amazon google
amazon: amazonpassword
google: googlepassword

I also noticed that some used programs are not installed by default (at
least on my ubuntu 12.04), so I wrote a quick check for that.

I tried not to brake previous behaviour of the program. Let me know if you
see any problems in including this.

hth
Dominik