[pass] Patch: Check for programs and allow for multiple passwords to be displayed

Chris Down chris at chrisdown.name
Fri Oct 11 05:34:51 CEST 2013

Hi Dominik,

On 2013-10-10 14:53, Dominik Klein wrote:
> I found your tool very useful, but for me, it lacked one feature: It could
> not display more than one passwordfile at once. With every password being
> in one file, this quickly became an issue for me. Here's a patch.

Nice!

> I also noticed that some used programs are not installed by default (at
> least on my ubuntu 12.04), so I wrote a quick check for that.

In my opinion this should be handled by your package manager, and all checks
for program presence should not be in pass (other than to determine whether to
enable/disable optional functionality).

> I tried not to brake previous behaviour of the program. Let me know if you
> see any problems in including this.

I only briefly looked over the patch because I'm at work, but your boolean
style could use some work to become aligned with what was accepted as the
default style:

    foo=false
    if $foo; then

becomes

    foo=0
    if (( foo )); then

I'll look into it in more detail when I'm out of work.

Thanks for the patch!