[pass] pass in cygwin

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Apr 17 22:27:04 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 6:50 PM, Brandon Jones
<jones.brandon.lee at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only thing that was unclear is the part where you say "verify this
> works, as well as the makefile." The statement implies that one should
> verify that the function works but not by any specific method. My apologies
> for choosing to do this by modifying the function within the /usr/bin/pass
> rather than modifying src/platform/cygwin.sh to call the function clip with
> two dummy variables. It didn't occur to me that it would matter either way.
> I've not been involved in any programming projects with others nor do I
> primarily use git or bash (for scripting I use python) so you'll have to
> take that into account.

Sorry for my general brusqueness earlier -- I wrote that previous
email from my cellphone while waiting on queue somewhere...

Anyway - what I did before is extract your modifications to
/usr/bin/pass and instead define a brand new platform file called
cygwin.sh. So moving forward, all the cygwin-specific enhancements
will live in there. I should have written more clearly before. Then,
the new makefile is supposed to install that file to the right place
and modify /usr/bin/pass to work with it... However...

> Getting git-pull to work in Cygwin is/can be a pain. I manually downloaded
> the zip file. It still did not work.

However, I'm an idiot and also coded the fix for the earlier problem
on my phone, SSHd into my laptop, and forgot to "git push". Try
downloading a zip now. The makefile shouldn't give you this error this
time.

Thanks for helping port to cygwin! Really appreciate it. Sorry for the
hiccups so far.