[pass] generate only first line

Matthieu Weber mweber at free.fr
Fri Apr 18 20:20:01 CEST 2014

On Fri 18.04.2014 at 02:12:36PM -0400, Jimmy Neutron wrote:
> As someone who likes to change passwords quite often I really like the
> generate command. But as I prefer to have metadata alongside the
> password it would be really useful if pass would only replace the
> first line of a passfile if it regenerates an already existing
> password. Otherwise when using generate everything else in the
> passfile would be deleted.

I second that. I was thinking about it, but haven't got around coding
anything yet.

I would do it as an option to "generate" e.g., "-r/--replace".

Matthieu
--
 (~._.~)            Matthieu Weber - mweber at free.fr              (~._.~)
  ( ? )                http://weber.fi.eu.org/                    ( ? )