[pass] Wanted: Test Suite

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sat Apr 19 23:38:56 CEST 2014

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 7:52 PM, Lukas Fleischer <info at cryptocrack.de>wrote:

> I would say it is fine to use an unencrypted key -- at least for the
> very basic tests.

I'll investigate this when I return home.

shouldn't that rather be
> "/usr/lib/password-store/platform.sh"

Probably. I'll fix this in the coming days unless you'd like to patch it
yourself and git-send-email.

> * Rename password-store.sh to password-store.sh.in.
>
> * Use m4 (or some other tool) to inline the correct platform-specific
>   code into password-store.sh.in and save the modified file as
>   password-store.sh when running `make`.

Absolutely not under no circumstances. Full stop. See my other email. It
won't happen.

This commit solves the problem a different way.
http://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/commit/?id=78098bab96c0228d700978492152ba3c2a872d2b

> What about `echo $secret | pass insert -e $pw`? Doesn't that work?

Right. Or -m.

> How about just doing something like `EDITOR=magic.sh pass edit`, where
> magic.sh is a shell script that uses sed(1) to modify the password?

My thoughts exactly.