[pass] Patch for adding a multiclip option

Matthew Cengia mattcen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 00:17:28 CET 2014

On 2014-02-11 15:25, Niek Bosch wrote:
[...]
> Then pass would output the line numbers as options:
>
> macbook:bin niek$ pass -m private/website.com
> Which key or line do you want to copy to the clipboard?
>
> 1) password
> 2) line 2
> 3) line 3
> q) quit
>
> What do you guys think?

I think that one of the real strengths of pass is that it is can be run
noninteractively. Adding a menu system breaks this functionality. I
think that instead you should be passing an option to -m that specifies
either a line number or a substring indicating which line you want
copied, rather than implementing an entire interactive menu that outputs
an entire list of data. I have no other objections to your proposal.

--
Regards,
Matthew Cengia