[pass] Concurrency issue with --clip

Jonas Wagner j.b.w at gmx.ch
Tue Mar 11 14:41:25 CET 2014

Hi,

I think clearing the clipboard is a good idea. I would prefer one of the
following options to the proposed --Clip, though:

1) simply replace the current --clip to clear the password instead of
restoring them. Frankly, we do not need two command line flags that do
almost the same.

2) If some more backward compatibility is desired, the new pass process
(let's call it B) should detect an existing pass process (A) waiting to
clear the clipboard. B could then send A a custom signal or so, causing it
to reset the time limit to 45 seconds from now. B then terminates, and A
resets the clipboard to the original value after 45 seconds.

Option (1) is simpler, option (2) would be what I expect. Do people think
it's worth the complexity?

Cheers,
Jonas