[pass] Clip/restore concurrency issues (fix?)

Matthew Cengia mattcen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 02:54:26 CET 2014

On 2014-03-22 01:43, Jonas Wagner wrote:
[...]
> I've implemented a locking system for password-store based on flock(1).

I don't believe flock is portable; certainly not available on MacOS by
default. I'd look for a more portable locking mechanism, such as
http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashFAQ/045

> Another: You removed quotes around $() for the before= line, but not for
> the now= line.
> In [[ $now != $password64 ]] && before="$now", don't you need quotes around
> the variables for the inequality check? $now could be empty...

Using double brackets changes quoting rules, and quotes aren't required
as they would be for single brackets, though they don't hurt. Pick one,
and use it consistently.

--
Regards,
Matthew Cengia