[pass] [gentoo-dev] Call to Emacs Gentoo Devs: Help Make My Package Pretty?

Ulrich Mueller ulm at gentoo.org
Fri May 9 08:55:37 CEST 2014

> I maintain the app-admin/pass ebuild. Inside the contrib/emacs
> directory of the tarball/gitrepo there is "password-store.el" and
> "Cask" (< http://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/tree/contrib/emacs>).

> I probably want to add an emacs USE flag that RDEPENDs on
> virtual/emacs, and then does something with the aforementioned files
> in src_install (or maybe src_compile too?). I see there's an
> elisp-install function and something else about site functions, but
> truth be told, I'm a heathen vim user, and know nothing about emacs.

It is documented here:
<https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Emacs/GNU_Emacs_developer_guide#Packages>
and here:
<http://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-reference/elisp-common.eclass/index.html>

But if you have never used Emacs, then it may not be obvious how to
write a proper site-init file.

> Would somebody help me to make the ebuild do the right thing with
> the emacs stuff? It would be most appreciated.

Can you file a bug please? I think it doesn't make much sense to
continue discussion on a public list.

Ulrich