[pass] Don't re-commit edited files with no changes

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at barrera.io
Tue Sep 23 14:47:26 CEST 2014

I've come across a small issue that can clutter up the log if using a git
repository:

    $ pass edit somepassword
    <save file unchanged, and exit editor>

pass will then re-encrypt the file, and since gpg includes a timestamp or
something alike, the encrypted files difers from the original one. pass will
then add the file and git-commit(1) it, resulting in a commit that did not
actually alter the underlying file.

pass should compare unencrypted files before re-encrypting and re-commiting
changes. This sounds not-so-trivial, but as-is, the log can be polluted with
empty changes (and the repository growns needlessly).

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera