[pass] Using remote repository - Unusable public key

Alfredo Palhares masterkorp at masterkorp.net
Mon Apr 13 19:44:47 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to use password-store with a repository on non standard location.

So I've set an alias:

pass-myorg='PASSWORD_STORE_DIR=/path/to/my/repo pass'

I've set the master GPG key on the .gpg-id file and quiqly test with:

$ pass-myorg edit Testing/test
gpg: can't open '/path/to/file.gpg': No such file or directory
gpg: decrypt_message failed: No such file or directory
gpg: <keyID>: There is no assurance this key belongs to the named user
gpg: /dev/shm/pass.J6w2RiXobjf3x/XCRDgtesting-test.txt: encryption failed: Unusable public key

I've noticed the <keyID> that gpg shows me is the key ID that is on
~/.password-store and not the non standard path repository .gpg-id file.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Regards,

--
Alfredo Palhares