[pass] Using remote repository - Unusable public key

George Angelopoulos george at usermod.net
Mon Apr 13 20:22:01 CEST 2015

Hi Alfredo,

I *thought* I understood what your issue is, then I tried to reproduce
it and I couldn't. Can you please be more specific and provide exact
steps to reproduce.

Here's what I did:

$ PASSWORD_STORE_DIR=/home/george/alfredotest pass init
george at usermod.net

mkdir: created directory ‘/home/george/alfredotest/’
Password store initialized for george at usermod.net

$ PASSWORD_STORE_DIR=/home/george/alfredotest pass generate password1 20

The generated password for password1 is:
N\5`F91BKxwru"bA5<"B

$ PASSWORD_STORE_DIR=/home/george/alfredotest pass
Password Store
└── password1

$ PASSWORD_STORE_DIR=/home/george/alfredotest pass show password1
<here I got prompted for my gpg password for george at usermod.net>
N\5`F91BKxwru"bA5<"B

$ file .password-store
.password-store: cannot open `.password-store' (No such file or directory)