[pass] Signed .gpg-id file

Emil Lundberg lundberg.emil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 20:26:36 CEST 2015

Just for clarity: You mean that each user, before creating new passwords,
would verify that there is a valid signature made by a trusted key in their
own keyring?

Seems like a sound idea to me. I'm not sure an interactive introduction
thing is necessary, though - you'll still need to re-sign the file whenever
it changes (which it legitimately might), and check its integrity all the
time anyway. Wouldn't it suffice to just tell the user and refuse to
continue? That would eliminate the special case while also reducing the
amount of metadata in the repository.