[pass] [Bug] Unable to create ramdisk issue on OSX 10.10.x for pass edit function

Daryl Manning daryl.manning at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 06:08:31 CEST 2015

Hey there!

I'm currently switching over to a cli pw manager and have been assessing
pass  (+rofi-pass) and passpie.

I've installed pass 1.6.5 via `brew install pass` via the homebrew package
manager and insert/remove etc etc all seems to work fine and bash
completion is invoking via my .bash_profile. I'm running on OSX 10.10.5
(though had the problem on 10.10.4 also) and running pass inside tmux 2.0.

However, when I attempt `pass edit Perso/email`, I am getting the following
error on all pass edit commands:

🚀  ~ pass edit Perso/email
Error: could not create filesystem on ramdisk.
/usr/local/Cellar/pass/1.6.5/lib/password-store/platform.sh: line 22:
umount: command not found

My suspicion is this because umount may not be in OSX 10.10.x any longer in
 favour of `diskutil unmount /mnt` or similar commands? (umount was
considered unreliable in 10.9 according to the manpage ).

Anything I can do to help verify, diagnose and fix this?  (or let me know
if I've missed some critical piece of documentation to correct this.).

thanks!
Daryl.