[pass] Preferred way of migrating pass from one GPG key to another

Lenz Weber mail at lenzw.de
Fri May 15 00:03:45 CEST 2015

it's as simple as `pass init $NEWKEY` ;)

from the man page:

COMMANDS
       init [ --path=sub-folder, -p sub-folder ] gpg-id...
              Initialize new password storage and use gpg-id for encryption. Multiple gpg-ids may be specified, in order to encrypt each pass‐
              word with multiple ids. This command must be run first before a password store can be used. If the specified gpg-id is different
              from  the  key  used in any existing files, these files will be reencrypted to use the new id.  Note that use of gpg-agent(1) is
              recommended so that the batch decryption does not require as much user intervention. If --path or -p is specified, along with an
              argument, a specific gpg-id or set of gpg-ids is assigned for that specific sub folder of the password store. If only one gpg-id
              is given, and it is an empty string, then the current .gpg-id file for the specified sub-folder  (or  root  if  unspecified)  is
              removed.