[pass] problems with clipboard

mightymo mo at mightym0.de
Wed Oct 14 13:15:22 CEST 2015

Ahoy!

I recently discovered problems with the -c option, as pass sometimes
failed to copy my password into the clipboard buffer.
So i had a look at your code and saw the line:

X_SELECTION="${PASSWORD_STORE_X_SELECTION:-clipboard}"

Which clearly sets the clipboard option that xclip wants.
Unintentional i read the manpage wrong an set

PASSWORD_STORE_X_SELECTION=XA_CLIPBOARD

Which had the result of pass working perfectly afterwards.
So I tried this back and forth, but the result keeped the same.

Do you have any Idea why this is happening? It's obviously working with
the wrong options...

Cheers,
Mo