[pass] (no subject)

Ryan Lie ryan.lie at gecogaming.com
Wed Oct 21 06:51:27 CEST 2015

You need to set up GPG before you can start using pass.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Anand J <anandchida at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm new to pass and love the simplicity of managing passwords across
> platforms.  I have a few issues and questions. I'm on Fedora 22 x86_64
>
> I cannot seem to create and save passwords
>

> [mylaptop at localhost ~]$ pass insert email/gmail.com
> Enter password for email/gmail.com:  *******
> Retype password for email/gmail.com:  ******
> gpg: My Password Storage Key: skipped: No public key
> gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: No public key
> fatal: pathspec '/***/email/gmail.com.gpg' did not match any files
>
> what am I missing here?
>
> Is it possible to add metadata other than just password? Somes times for
> some portals the username / login name aren't mnemonic. Also, might want to
> store a password hint as well. It would be great to keep track of such
> additional metadata.
>
> Cheers,
> Anand

  Best Regards

*  Ryan Lie*

*   Game Engine and Systems Developer*

​ ​

*Tel:* + 61 (2) 888 31 342*  |  *www.gecogaming.com
<http://www.thegaminglab.com.au/>

*Alpha Building, Bella Vista, Sydney, Australia*

*This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
prohibited.*

*Please consider the environment before printing this email*