[pass] use password in remote session

Emil Lundberg lundberg.emil at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 08:19:54 CEST 2016

I solve this using passmenu, which I've configured to use the Xorg primary
keyboard. This lets me (in Linux) paste into most programs using
Shift-Insert. So I simply hit Super-P to bring up passmenu, type a few
characters to find the password I need and hit enter, enter my key
passphrase if it's not cached in the agent, and finally hit Shift-Insert to
paste into the terminal with the remote session. I've also patched pass to
allow passmenu to show a desktop notification after copying the password.

If you're not in X, I suppose you could work around it using something like
the clipboard feature in tmux. Not particularly elegant, but at least it'll
work.

Hope that helps!

/Emil