[pass] Synapse Pass Plugin

Michael Aquilina michaelaquilina at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:08:19 CEST 2016

Hey guys,

I noticed there's a lot of chatter around how to use pass more efficiently
(chromium extensions for example).

I recently wrote a synapse plugin which allows you to really easily search
for passwords to store in the clipboard. It was merged upstream about a
month ago. See
https://code.launchpad.net/~michaelaquilina/synapse-project/pass-plugin

Here's a gif I created that shows how it's used

https://i.imgur.com/pMjck1o.gif
and a question I answered about the plugin's use:
https://answers.launchpad.net/synapse-project/+question/287038

A new version of synapse hasn't been released yet but you can easily
compile it yourself.

Also related to this:
I noticed there's some discussion around notifying the user when the
password is no longer within the clipboard. I think this would be useful
and if there's an easy way to integrate it I'll do the same with my plugin.

--
Michael Aquilina