[pass] [Bug report] ``cannot run gpg: No such file or directory''

Rishav Kundu rishav.kundu98 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 20:05:00 CEST 2016

All of a sudden, pass is spewing errors whenever I add a new entry.

Specifically:

```
➜  ~ pass generate -c test 16
error: cannot run gpg: No such file or directory
error: could not run gpg.
fatal: failed to write commit object
Copied test to clipboard. Will clear in 45 seconds.

```

However, the file `test.gpg` is created and staged, just not committed to git as usual.

```
➜  ~ pass git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Changes to be committed:
 (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)

	new file:   test.gpg

```

Even manually attempting to commit said file fails:

```
➜  ~ pass git commit -m "fizz"
error: cannot run gpg: No such file or directory
error: could not run gpg.
fatal: failed to write commit object
```

Whatever could be wrong with my installation of pass?
FWIW I'm using the MacPorts distribution of pass.

Thanks,
Rishav