Backing up pass

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Sun Dec 4 20:05:41 CET 2016

On 04/12/2016 18:58, Soham Chakraborty wrote:
> I have pass set up in my work computer. And I would like to have the
> contents of my password store into my home computer as well.
>
> I am looking to know how you folks manage such use case. Do you backup
> existing password store and then restore it on the new computer? If
> so, can someone point me to a guide or just layout the steps.

You can use any file synchronisation tool you like - e.g. something
cloudy like dropbox / sparkleshare / owncloud, or something peer-to-peer
like syncthing or unison or osync.

Or you can use the git version control system, which password-store
supports natively. In that case, you would still want a central machine
with a "bare" repository that the other two machines pull and push to;
that could be any server with an ssh account.

Choose whichever mechanism you're most comfortable with.

HTH,

Brian.