[pass] Simple password store

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 14:37:55 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Timmo Verlaan <tverlaan at gmail.com> wrote:

> In all honesty and with respect to this project and it's contributors.
> This mailinglist doesn't seem the right place to develop *another* password
> manager. I do see reasons to announce/mention/compare other projects since
> that would be relevant to some extent. But as I see it that's fulfilled now
> and if people are still interested in this project you are free to create a
> communication channel for this project for which there are a lot of
> alternatives (since you're on github I can recommend the github issue
> tracker and PR system). Please do announce this so people can follow if
> they want to.

I totally agree, and I take no offence.
If people want to subscribe on github, they can do it here:
https://github.com/dashohoxha/pw

However I think that github, excellent as it is, cannot replace 100% the
need for a good old mailing list, and I don't know how to create one easily
(besides using google groups). If someone can help it will be wellcome.
Besides this, I think that in this list may be some scripting experts and
security experts, that maybe are not really interested on the new project,
but wouldn't mind to give some help or advice, if asked.
So, if you don't mind, maybe I can use this list just for this purpose
(asking for code review or advice).
I will try to keep the posting at minimum, and the subject will make it
clear that it is not about the existing password-store project. For example
I can prefix the subject with "[pw] ", and the people that are not
interested can disregard it.
Anyway, if this is not OK, I will stop it.

Thanks for your patience and understanding so far.
Dashamir