[pass] A web view/integration

Alexandre PUJOL list at pujol.io
Mon Feb 8 10:00:06 CET 2016

Using git, you can use any git sever and git web app (like cgit) as a
pass web viewer. Then, the git server will allow you to sync your
passwords between you device, and thus use the good pass client for your
device (pass, pass-ios, Android-Password-Store...)

However the git web app only output the tree of the password directory.
The content itself stay encrypted. Do NOT try to create a tool in order
to decrypt and output it in a web browser. As said Dashamir Hoxha it
would not be a good idea at all.
Because you must NOT:
- Use any server to decrypt your password.
- Use JavaScript to decrypt the password directly in a web browser.

This is why there is not pass web app, all the pass server you would
ever need already exist it is a git server.

Regards,
Alex