[pass] Adding support for symmetric encryption

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 08:18:31 CET 2016

Hi,

This works, as a proof of concept:
https://github.com/dashohoxha/password-store/commit/e8f6ab50150a156f8736467bcce7a164d4253886

If the variable $PASSWORD_STORE_GPG_ENCRYPTION
is set to 'asymmetric', it will work as usual.
Otherwise it will use the symmetric encryption.

However I am not satisfied with this. Having to set the variable
PASSWORD_STORE_GPG_ENCRYPTION is a bit awkward.
There must be a better way. For example, we can check for the
presence of the file '.gpg-id'. If it is there, assume asymmetric
encryption, otherwise, assume symmetric encryption.

What do you think?

Dashamir