[pass] Possible improvements

Matthieu Weber mweber at free.fr
Wed Jan 27 06:59:07 CET 2016

On Tue 26.01.2016 at 05:18:05PM +0100, Lucas Hoffmann wrote:
> Quoting Matthieu Weber (2016-01-26 16:59:40)
> > So symmetric encryption is actally used, and the problem of managing the
> > symmetric keys is already solved. What is there not to like about the
> > way pass works by default?
>
> I did not mean to say that I do not like the way pass works.  I did mean
> to say that I have no reason to like the -c option of GPG to be used in
> pass.

Sorry, my answer wasn't meant for you in particular, but pointing out
that GPG's default way of working (using asymmetric encryption) actually
uses symmetric encryption as well and solves the key management problems
and risks that were overlooked by the original poster.

Matthieu
--
 (~._.~)            Matthieu Weber - mweber at free.fr              (~._.~)
  ( ? )                http://weber.fi.eu.org/                    ( ? )