[pass] [Add passphrase feature 1/4] add new command 'passphrase'

mitfree lists at ampling.com
Tue May 10 18:38:49 CEST 2016

> > May I get some feedback for this patch?
>
> I don't like the idea of introducing the dependency of "aspell".
>
> Better make generating passphrases a utility of its own. Passphrases are
> a topic of its own. Think of the many different languages one would want.

+1

While I feel your feature is convenient, I see the potential for your
simple function to grow into it's own program. Akin to pwgen.

If pass-generate had it's own man page it would be full of options,
such as: -d  dictionary  declare a custom dictionary; -p  polite  only
generate non offensive words; -b  buffer  insert a custom buffer from
.config/pass-generate. Ad nauseam.

Standing up to a dictionary attacks would be an on going battle.

Side note: If you wrote it in rust-lang, I would contribute.

--
At your service,
mitfree