[pass] list of passwords with its age

Grégoire Détrez gregoire at fripost.org
Fri May 20 12:10:18 CEST 2016

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 11:46:08AM +0200, Evgenii Sovetkin wrote:
> On 2016-05-20 11:33 AM, Grégoire Détrez wrote:
> > On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 10:45:46AM +0200, Evgenii Sovetkin wrote:
> > > I want to obtain a sorted list of my passwords together with its age
> > > (number of days since the last change).
> > >
> > > With git it seems the following loop will do part of the job:
> > >
> > > git ls-tree -r --name-only HEAD | while read filename
> > > do
> > >     echo "$(git log -1 --format="%ad" --date=relative -- $filename) $filename"
> > > done
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, if I rename a password (or even rerun git init) then it
> > > would seem that I have changed the passwords, though I have not...
> > >
> > > Is there a neater solution one have in mind? Is there a way in git to
> > > show time passed from the *significant* content change, not simply the
> > > latest commit?
> >
> > You could use use git-blame to get the last commit that changed the
> > first line of each file, something like:
> >
> >     git blame -L 1,1 $filename --porcelain | sed -n 's/^committer-time //p'
> >

> > /ǵ
>
> Thanks for the suggestion! It solves the problem with the renamed
> passwords, but it doesn't really work, with the reencrypted passwords
> (I rerun git-init recently).

I guess you mean pass-init?  I far as I understood, as long as you can
still decrypt the files, git-blame should be robust to re-encrypting
password.  You need to properly setup the git attributes to compute
clear-text diff (it seems that the latest versions of pass do that
automatically otherwise I described how configure it manually in an
older thread on this list).

/ǵ