[pass] list of passwords with its age

Renato Alves alves.rjc at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:36:32 CEST 2016

I don't know if gpg stores any kind of date as part of the metadata of the encrypted content but encrypting a timestamp seems like the only resiliant approach. Any external mean is likely to fail in some situation.

The timestamp could be as simple as a date 20-05-2016. Unless having hour or even minute resolution is a requirement.

The only possible issue is that given some of the content being encrypted is known, I don't know if that makes the encryption less secure. In modern cryptography it shouldn't but I'm not an expert.

Renato