[pass] [extension] pass import

Alexandre Pujol alexandre at pujol.io
Mon Jan 9 16:39:18 CET 2017

Hi all,

First a big thanks to Jason for the support of the extension in pass.

There is my first extension: pass-import [1]. This is a generic import
extension. It is very simple and works as a wrapper for the existing
import scripts.

I think this is a good showcase on the extension capabilities. Eg:
- To call lastpass importer: pass import lastpass
- To import keepass xml file: pass import keepass export.xml

The makefile provided install it as a system extension (in
/usr/lib/password-store/extensions/). The importers scripts are
installed in /usr/lib/password-store/importers/.

The man page (man pass-import) provide a (non complete yet)
documentation on the specificities for each importer.

The only way to install it is by hand (make install), however, for arch
user, I'm writing a PKGBUILD.

Feedback and contributors are all very welcome.

Because this is one of the first extension, I think it is time to think
on a good way to manage extension
- Could we have an "extension hub", a webpage that list, describe and
link to an installation process all the extension. Maybe it could be
merged with the list of the software related to pass on passwordstore.org.
- How to manage the command used by the extension? (two different
extensions could have the same name)

Regards,
Alex

[1] https://github.com/alexandrepujol/pass-import