Signing on OS X

Alex Snukal alex at alexsnukal.com
Tue Mar 28 18:08:16 CEST 2017

Hi,

Thanks for Pass! So happy to be moving off of LastPass.

I think I have a very tiny fix to get signing working properly on OS X.

I have signing working and tested on my linux machine.

However on OS X, with the same key and environment variables, I get
"Signature for /Users/user/.pass/.gpg-id is invalid." As a test, I can sign
commits properly when I run `git commit -S ...` on the pass repository but
without running git commands through pass.

The issue is here:
https://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/tree/src/password-store.sh#n61

Changing "gpg" to the $GPG variable defined at line 13 makes the
verify_file() function exit properly on OS X and I can now sign commits
without issue.

My OS X environment:
pass: 1.7
gpg: 2.1.19 (installed with brew install gnupg at 2.1 and then linked)
OS X: 10.10.5

Thanks again,
Alex