Generated password has repetition

Alexandre Pujol alexandre at pujol.io
Thu May 4 13:47:15 CEST 2017

Hi

pass 1.7, dropped the use of pwgen for password generation. pass uses tr
and /dev/uramdom instead. See [1]

That said, it is not the point here. The passwords are generated in a
random way which mean repetitions are possible and not a problem at all.
Actually preventing repetition for a randomly generated password would
make it faster to crack because it would decrease the number of possible
password.

[1] https://git.zx2c4.com/password-store/tree/src/password-store.sh#n516

Alex