Set up another PC to access pass's remote git repository

Niels Kobschaetzki niels at kobschaetzki.net
Mon Oct 16 06:35:41 CEST 2017

On 17/10/16 13:35, Alec Clews wrote:
>You can clone (plus push and pull) to a remote repository using https
>as the transport instead of using ssh.
>
>It seems to me that hosting on git cloud server may be a brave choice?
>I'd be interested to know what other people think.

I don't see any problem with that, as long as his private gpg-key is not
also up there in the cloud and he is using a reasonably secure key. And
keeps his key save. But that's the SPOF of pass anyway.
The only problem I see might be privacy implications since other people
can publicly see what for sites he is using, if he names his passwords
accordingly. Maybe the user should invest in a github subscription to be
able to create a private repository.

Niels