New extension: pass meta

David Izquierdo thecofee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 12:10:48 CET 2018

This would solve a recent issue raised by a couple of PRs on the
[pass-git-helper](https://github.com/languitar/pass-git-helper/pulls).

This would be even more useful if we could hold a standard "meta" file that
specified the scheme used by the gpg files, with some standard syntax to
define that. For example, for having irrelevant path (but the domain name
as the last element), a file named as the username, and the password as the
only content of the file:

```
[**/domain/user]
pass
[**/domain/user/otp]
otp
```

Or, a domain name as the filename, password as the first element, and
additional data in appropiate lines inside

```
[domain]
pass
user = username
otp = otp
separator = ": "
```
I exemplify with INI/TOML, but XML probably lends itself better to this
usecase, even if it is less readable.

Am I overcomplicating this? Maybe the scheme can be magically deduced,
which would be cool too.

(Sorry if I break the thread with this reply. This web client behaves in
strange ways)