passmenu: --type-fully

John Gliksberg jg.trosh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:21:20 CEST 2019

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 10:47 PM Alexander Weickmann
<alexander.weickmann at link-time.com> wrote:

> Added another flag to passmenu:
>
> --type-fully: will first type the username (whatever is found on second line), then a Tab key, followed by the password,
>    another Tab key and finally a Return key

Just a follow-up: in my experience the problem is that autofill with
“tab” is inconsistent and very often you have a “remember me” checkbox
between the pwd and submit, while very often you do not. And you
regularly find other variations.

The “type and copy” scheme lets you discover what you're doing as
you're doing it which pretty much solves this inconsistency.

--
John Gliksberg