dump all content

J Rt jean.rblt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 14:34:51 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I would like to dump a complete copy of my password store for printing
on paper and archiving in my safe, in full text / un-encrypted format.
I know this may seem a bit risky but I am not a specially interesting
target, and this will be in my safe anyways.

Is there a way to do that?

For example, I can issue:

pass show

and this shows the full pass tree:

$ pass show
Password Store
├── Github.com
│   ├── ID
│   └── pass
├── gmail
│   ├── pass
│   └── username

Would it be possible to have a command like for example

pass show all

and it would show:

$ pass show all
Password Store
├── Github.com
│   ├── ID blabla
│   └── pass blabla2
├── gmail
│   ├── pass blabla3
│   └── username blabla4

etc?

I think this would be very useful for the 'casual' user who is not
under much threat. As this reveals a lot of information, I guess this
command could print a warning and ask for confirmation, something
like:

$ pass show all
This is going to decrypt and show all your data, are you sure you want
to continue? [yes/no]

Cheers,

JR