Windows implementation of passwordstore in pure batch

Kenny Evitt kenny.evitt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 23:55:12 CET 2020

Nice job! Windows batch is a tough language to 'use in anger'! Bash isn't
easy either, but Windows Batch is a whole 'nother level of pain-in-the-ass:

 - windows - Batch character escaping - Stack Overflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6828751/batch-character-escaping/16018942#16018942>

Pass DOES work in the Ubuntu app on Windows (formerly Bash on Ubuntu on
Windows, and several other names before that) but I couldn't implement
clipboard support *nicely*. Jason, the creator and maintainer of Pass,
didn't like the changes I came up with – they ARE ugly.

But, in case you or anyone else is interested, I maintain a 'soft fork'
with those changes on GitHub:

 - kenny-evitt/password-store-buw: Pass: The Standard Unix Password Manager
for Bash on Ubuntu on Windows
<https://github.com/kenny-evitt/password-store-buw>