Allow to edit the commit message

Gianluca Recchia gianluca.recchia97 at libero.it
Sat Feb 29 13:28:11 CET 2020

Hi,

I like how pass works overall and the way it integrates with Git is great!
However, there's one thing that I find slightly annoying: the default
commit message is often not very descriptive of the change I made to an
entry and I often find myself having to amend the commit in order to
change the message.

I believe it would be an improvement in user experience if the user were
given the ability to edit the commit message before committing, perhaps
using the prepare-commit-msg hook to prefill the message buffer with
what the default message would be, so that the user would only need to
exit the editor if they're okay with the default message. Alternatively
this could be optional in the local .gitconfig and overridable only for
one command through a flag.

Best regards,
Gianluca