Adding extra info when generating a password

pass at attackllama.com pass at attackllama.com
Thu Jun 18 08:46:06 CEST 2020

Hi pass users,

Is there an equivalent to the -m flag of `pass insert` for `pass
generate`? Essentially 100% of the time I want to store my username next
to the password in the file, and have to do `pass generate
my/password/file` then `pass edit my/password/file`, generating two git
commits and forcing me to type my password the second time. Maybe I'm
doing it wrong, but if not, it would be nice if there could be an option
for `pass generate` that also prompts for extra information to add to
the file, where I could add my username etc., to prevent me having to
make a subsequent edit.

Cheers,

Sean