curious: why use own hosting rather than github?

Jens Tröger jens.troeger at light-speed.de
Mon Mar 30 12:22:21 CEST 2020

The beauty of Git in general is that you always have a copy of the repo
locally (provided it’s up to date) so that even if the remote hosting
site disappears you can start fresh easily.

So, I personally wouldn’t be too worried about Github disappearing. And
it does have the advantage of a huge existing community…

Didum,
Jens

--
Jens Tröger