curious: why use own hosting rather than github?

Rune Juhl Jacobsen rune at juhljacobsen.dk
Mon Mar 30 14:44:52 CEST 2020

I understand the points about ease of access, but Github doesn't store
metadata in the repo itself, so users without access to Github won't
have access to discussions on issues or pull requests.

Because Github operates under USA law it means that users in some
countries are unable to participate due to embargoes/politics.

Simply having an official Github repo for password-store would mean that
a lot of the discussions that take place on mailing lists would move
there, no matter how much you might try to dissuade contributers from
using Github for discussions and try to convince them to use the mailing
list.

/Rune

--
Rune Juhl Jacobsen