curious: why use own hosting rather than github?

Christian Weiss news_001 at washammwa.de
Thu May 21 09:12:09 CEST 2020

Just for the record:
I vote for github.

You simply missed all opportunities to make me involved in issues, pull
requests and discussions.
Not having password-store on github has raise the hurdle that high, that
i never contributed / participated for the last years.

If you think github will eventually close someday in the future then,
why not deal with that when that point in time is here. Solving a not
yet existing issue is like not following the YAGNI principle. Git is
decentralized so you always have a backup - and backuping
issues/discussions should not be a problem.

After having enough pain with one issue i joined the mailing list.
But having this mailing list now for some month makes me so frustrated
and feels so as being in the 80's that i now leave this f**ing mailing list.

You lost me. I will rejoin when you are on github. Please reconsider the
user experience of your community. I guess some of them got used to it,
but i doubed that they are happy.

Best regards
Christian