curious: why use own hosting rather than github?

Robert Kosten password-store at list.robertkosten.de
Thu May 21 10:07:31 CEST 2020

Another vote from the side-lines:
Stay away from github and other services that offer proprietary
"extensions" to git. I hear git-format-patch works rather well with
mailing lists ;-)

If using a mailing list is a real hurdle for someone (And I perfectly
understand that it can be; I feel at least a shadow of that when
projects insist on handling everything via IRC or, worse, Slack) maybe
working on software that handles _secrets_ is not their forte.

I for one am _very_ happy with the calmer, less "social" style this
project has.

Regards,
Robert
(who is obviously a 40-ish bearded *NIX guy that is perfectly happy
running his own infrastructure and thus probably has correspondingly
skewed ideas of development)