curious: why use own hosting rather than github?

Brian Exelbierd bex at pobox.com
Thu May 21 10:22:30 CEST 2020

Hi All,

I undertand the cgit connection here and I am fine with that being the source forge.  I think not having PRs is sad, but workable.  I suspect that newer developers are less familiar with patch mailing and we may want to make some guidance documentation.

On Thu, May 21, 2020, at 10:07 AM, Robert Kosten wrote:

-snip-

> I for one am _very_ happy with the calmer, less "social" style this
> project has.

However, this comment got to the core of one of the challenges.  Not having a bug tracker, PR list, issue tracker, whatever leads to patches languishing on the list and being either re-bumped or lost.  Right now the pace of the project is not allowing code to get committed.  I don't need another active project to track, but knowing that a periodic check-in by the maintainers would be easy enough for them to cruise through a list of pending work, might allow that happen more frequently.

regards,

bex