curious: why use own hosting rather than github?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu May 21 10:11:38 CEST 2020

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 09:12:09AM +0200, Christian Weiss wrote:
> Just for the record:
> I vote for github.

FWIW: I vote for stay away from github :)

If a contributor is not willing to subscribe to a mailing list it
may just be a "meteorite" and not really bound to stay in the long
run.

That said, a footer on these mailing list messages, pointing to
the official website would help :)

> You lost me. I will rejoin when you are on github.

This is really not the way one "joins" a community.
It's like saying: "I want to be your friend, but can't,
because you're not on Facebook. Call me back when you are".

I hope you are at least getting payed by GitHub Inc for this
onboarding campaign!

--strk;