curious: why use own hosting rather than github?

Erazem Kokot contact at erazem.eu
Fri May 22 11:11:46 CEST 2020

> Yes it is interesting conversation indeed. The point made about
> non-technical users not able to report bugs is a good one, although I
> still think that can be solved by email as well (just a regular form and
> the contents could get posted to this mailing list or different one).
>
> If people here are against proprietary Github, why not just use
> self-hosted Gitlab solution? Personally I prefer Gitlab over GH but both
> are good.

Although of course Gitlab can be self-hosted, it doesn't make much sense
for a project with only one repo, since Gitlab is objectively "bloated"
compared to cgit.

Also I don't want to police or anything, but can you please not "top
post", as in can you reply below the quote, it really improves the
readability, since you can figure out what the person is replying to,
without having to read through the quoted text below the reply.