curious: why use own hosting rather than github?

Ondřej Synáček ondrejsynacek at fastmail.com
Fri May 22 11:06:08 CEST 2020

Yes it is interesting conversation indeed. The point made about
non-technical users not able to report bugs is a good one, although I
still think that can be solved by email as well (just a regular form and
the contents could get posted to this mailing list or different one).

If people here are against proprietary Github, why not just use
self-hosted Gitlab solution? Personally I prefer Gitlab over GH but both
are good.