curious: why use own hosting rather than github?

J Rt jean.rblt at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:03:27 CEST 2020

I agree with you, and I suppose most of this discussion is becoming an
interesting pros and cons weighting of different approaches :) I
definitely think that everything is a question of tradeoffs, and the
point made by 'pro github' participants here is that it is quite
likely that github is de facto the dominant platform / way /
methodology used in the open source world, with most users familiar to
it, and that, therefore, having a github workflow may be the best way
to engage a large(r) community. But I agree that it also comes with
its downsides, to be weighted against the benefits it could bring.